Greenside Group Practice
Opening Times | Patient Access | Contact Us
CQC Rating Good
The NHS App is available on iOS and Android:
You can also access your NHS account using the NHS website
About your NHS account
Your NHS account allows you to access your services through the NHS App or website.
To have an NHS account, you must be aged 13 or over and registered with an NHS GP surgery in England or the Isle of Man. Find out more about who can have an NHS account.
What you can do with full access to your NHS account
You’ll need to provide extra proof of who you are to get full access to your NHS account. Once you have full access, you can:
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- view your health record – securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations
- get your NHS COVID Pass – view and download your COVID Pass for travel abroad. There are also other ways to get your NHS COVID Pass
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
- view your NHS number – find out what your NHS number is
What you can do without full access to your NHS account
Both before and after providing extra proof of your identity, you can use your NHS account to:
- get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you using NHS 111 online
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
If your GP surgery or hospital offers other services in your NHS account, you may be able to:
- message your GP surgery or a health professional online
- consult a GP or health professional through an online form and get a reply
- access health services on behalf of someone you care for
- view your hospital and other healthcare appointments
- view useful links your doctor or health professional has shared with you
- view and manage care plans
Keeping your data secure
To access your NHS account, you will need to set up an NHS login and prove who you are. Your NHS account then securely connects to information from your GP surgery.
If your device supports fingerprint detection or facial recognition, you can use it to log in to your NHS account each time, instead of using a password and security code.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.